5.19.2005

The Force is not With Us

Today I am depressed. Oh only superificially of course, but today I had major longings for being home. The reason? My people, labeled perhaps scoffingly as nerds by those in 'cool' circles, were out in full force today. And yet I could not be with them.

You see, I love huge nerd outings and a Star Wars premiere has got to be the largest gathering of crazy fanatical people in this galaxy, if not the universe. What's worse, those friends who I would have attempted to culture were sitting lazily at home, probably in their beds at 12:01 AM. I do not know of a single person who went to the opening show. That is a plum disgrace and thus I wish I could have been there to urge at least twenty of my good friends to see this spectacular display of story telling and witty dialogue.

Alas, I will have to wait till July 9th till it opens here. I actually really contemplated going to South Korea and seeing the film today, and given my emotional state I certainly wish I would have. But as Yoda says, so poetically, "Do or do not. There is no try."

2 comments:

Mgam said...

Well I'm seeing it in 5 hours. I'll let you know how it turns out and I will definitely include tons of spoilers.

Sincerely,
Matt Skywalker

Mgam said...

Well man, you missed a good show. I can't honestly say it's as good as Empire but it's far and away the best of the new trilogy. I'm sure you'll love it. Oh yeah, Darth Vader is Luke's father. Sorry to break it to you.