8.14.2005

A Tough Day

Today I have nothing deep or profound to offer. Today might well have been the toughest day in my life thus far. At around 1:30 AM we received a call from my dad to rush up to the hospital because he thought the end was near. However it wasn't, and that scenario then repeated itself twomore times during the course of the day. Its hard to say goodbye, and then be given more time only to say goodbye again. Its also hard to witness someone you love in so much pain.

One of the great blessings however has been the opportunity to say goodbye. A few years back when my grandpa died we received no warning at all. While he was in his early 80's at the time, there were no failing health signs, no warning that his time was drawing short. Instead he got hit on the way out to his farm and died in the emergency room. However, I have gotten to spend almost four solid weeks with my mother and have learned more about her then most people ever get a chance to. Also I've had the opportunity to share how much I love her by spending this time with her and telling her the things that need to be said.

So today has been a tough day. I'm weary by the whole experience. But I continually remind myself that these are important times and special times and thus I put all that I physically and emotionally can into them.

Have a good night.

5 comments:

Mgam said...

Thanks for sharing. Still praying for you, your mom and your fam.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you can have such a positive attitude under all this stress. I know you will look back and cherish the times you get to spend with your mom. I am/have/will be praying for you and the family. -Laura B.

Anonymous said...

Blake,
I just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for you and your family. I'd write more, but I just don't have the words. God bless.

Stephen Bell

thegermanygirl said...

Hi Blake,

I know there's nothing I can say that will make you feel better or improve your mom's situation....But I just want you to know that you, your mom, and your family are in my thoughts. I'm sorry this is happening.
Also, I really admire how you seem to be dealing with this struggle, especially as it concerns your faith. I appreciate your determination to try staying positive and focusing on how precious this time with your mom is. It might be no comfort right now, but you should know that you're living a good example for a lot of people. Thank you.

In Christ,
Courtney

kteachjoy said...

I appreciate you keeping us updated, Blake. It helps me know better what to pray for you and your family in this difficult period of time. Take care!