2.09.2005

No Need to Turn Your Heads This Year Folks!

Dear FOX,

I want to thank you for the excellent Super Bowl Half-Time show you put on last night. I'm from Oklahoma City, which I lovingly refer to as the belt-buckle of the Bible Belt, and let me tell you there was a collective sigh-of-relief that was felt over the metropolis last night right before the third-quarter. Before you dismiss me as a right-wing Christian evangelical fundamentalist, let me just reassure you that I am just that. But I am extremely thankful that you attempted to reach out to all people instead of a niche market of 18-33 year olds with extremely bad taste in music (how the American populous could ever consider Kid Rock or Janet Jackson talented is beyond me). It was such a refreshing, classy show which proves that it is possible to entertain all people of all ages at the same time. Typically my friends and I usually turn off the television and either play cards or sing “kum-bay-yah”, but not this year, and if next is anything similar than certainly not next year either.

In fact, the entire Super Bowl was great. The only complaint, and really I can’t hold this against you, is that my team the Cleveland Browns didn’t get a chance to play.

Might I just make a few suggestions for next year? Could I recommend Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the half-time entertainment? They have great pyrotechnics, and they are so extremely musically talented beyond just the Christmas Season. You just don’t even know. I also think that it would be ideal if you’d let the Cleveland Browns play next year. That would be fantastic.

Many thanks! Go Browns!

Your “New Niche Market”,

Blake Blackwell

No comments: